Summer of 2011 will have many changes for our small family. Adam pursued a new job that is moving our family to McKinney, Texas. Starting June 1, he is working for Traxxas. And if a move isn't a big enough change already, we are expecting a baby girl due July 19. Alexa already loves "baby sister"! We feel strongly that God has been clear on His plans for us and that makes us so excited for what is in our near future. As we are (sadly) leaving many amazing, amazing friends and family in Kansas, we felt it was important to start the blog back up so we can keep everyone in the loop. Thank you all for your never ending support on this adventure for our growing family!

Friday, November 16, 2007

Good Baby!

Maybe Alexa knows that Mom is going back to work on Monday because surely she's not turning into such a fun little baby this quick, is she?? Yesterday, Mommy and Alexa had an awesome day! We had to drive to the east side for my doctor's appointment and then stop by work to say hi. I fed Alexa right before we left hoping she would sleep for the 30 minute drive and through the doctor's appointment. It was ok if she woke up after that, I could take care of her at the office. WELL, she actually fell asleep at 12:00 and didn't wake up until we got home at 3:30! I couldn't believe it! Then, we had some awesome interacting and bonding time. After she ate, she was awake and happy. I made noises and faces at her and she made eye contact a lot and made faces back. I even got real smiles out of her for the first time!! That went on for about 45 minutes until she started getting tired and fussy. So then I held her and rocked her to sleep. It was an great day though! Today is starting out awesome too! We woke up at 6:00 to eat. Went back to sleep around 7:00 and Alexa let Mom sleep until 9:30. That doesn't normally happen. She ate again and now she's just hanging out in her bouncer, awake and content, while I pay bills and do things on the computer. She is being an great baby - I will miss her Monday!!
-


1 comment:

Eric and Rose said...

Well, it looks like you all are doing well. Its nice when the baby starts to develop a personality and interact with you. Keep up the posts, I check in every once in awhile.